Countries Whose Citizens Do NOT Require a Visa to Enter Botswana
Citizens of the United States of America do not require a visa to enter Botswana. Here is the full list of countries whose citizens do not require a visa to enter Botswana:
Antigua & Barbuda
Papua New Guinea
South Korea (Republic of)
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
Countries Which Require a Visa to Enter Botswana
Applicants are advised to give twenty-one (21) working days to process the application. Any visa granted on this application will be subjected to compliance with the immigration regulations of the Republic of Botswana.
In the case of a lost or damaged visa or permit, the applicant will be required to pay P 1,500, an equivalency of US $ 321, to have their visa or permit reproduced. Please contact the nearest Botswana embassy while abroad and any immigration office if in Botswana.
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Central African Republic
DRC- Democratic Republic of Congo
Congo (Republic of)
Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
Laos (Lao People’s Dem. Rep.)
North Korea (Dem. People’s Rep. of)
Sao Tome & Principe
General Requirements for Visa Application
- Fully completed visa application form (Form 1)
- Certified (notarized) copy of passport page of applicant (showing names, validity & photograph of bearer)
- The original passport may be sent at the same time with the application or once the visa is approved
- Cover letter from the applicant
- If applicant previously applied for a visa, PLEASE ATTACH THE COPY OF THE VISA OUTCOME.
- If coming by road, specify on the cover letter and include your contacts, e.g. telephone number.
- Travel schedule/flight itinerary/hotel bookings
- Include a prepaid/self addressed shipping label or envelope to return your passport
- Finger prints will be captured at the point of entry in Botswana. (Applicants will be required to have their finger captured as one of the requirements)
- The passport must have the validity of six months and more with three or more unused pages.
- Applicants who would not be collecting their visa (endorsed in the passport) should write a letter authorizing someone to collect their visa and passport. The letter should include full names, ID or passport numbers and contact numbers.
- PLEASE READ http://www.botswanatourism.co.bw/tourismlevy
- NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS TRAVELLING THROUGH ALL BOTSWANA POINTS OF ENTRY
- Minors travelling through the country’s borders will be required to produce certified copies of unabridged birth certificates
- In the event that one parent is not travelling with the child, the other parent’s affidavit consenting to such travel should be availed. Temporary guardianship must be given if both parents are not travelling with the minor, as well as the abovementioned requirements. However, an affidavit will not be required if the father’s name does not appear on the child’s birth certificate.
- Invitation letter from the host
- Sworn statement from the host (personal appearance of the host to the nearest immigration office in Botswana to fill in the affidavit)
- A copy of hotel/lodge bookings or state residential address where the applicant will be staying
- A certified copy of the host, national identity/residence permit, work permit/exemption certificate/naturalization certificate
- Copies of certified marriage and birth certificates (in case of married couples/defendants)
- Certified copies of ordination certificates of religious leaders
- Business profile if coming to establish a business (host)
- Confirmation of employment or business registration
- Recent Bank statement (1st page)
- Return visa or residence permit from the country of residence
- US$30 for single entry for a period up to 3 months
- US$50 for multiple entry for a period up to 3 months
- US$150 for multiple entry for a period over 3 months up to 2 years for dependents of residents
Botswana Visa Requirements section has been compiled from verified Botswana Visa authorities.